Some creative teens from Cascade High School in Everett are in the hunt for thousands of dollars in prize money for their school as part of Lifewise Health Plan of Washington’s Hunt 4 Health High School Video Challenge.
The teens created two- to three-minute videos demonstrating what King and Snohomish County teens do with their friends to stay healthy.
One of the 10 finalist videos, Young Health, is a music video about healthy eating created by teens at Cascade High School.
The other finalists are:
- The Healthy Song, Lake Washington High School, Kirkland
- Hunt for Health Video, Lake Washington High School, Kirkland
- The Hunt for a Wild Health, Lake Washington High School, Kirkland
- John & Stephen, Lake Washington High School, Kirkland
- Living a Healthy Skate Life, Nova, Seattle
- Health Hunters, Enumclaw High School
- Young Health, Cascade High School, Everett
- Food I don’t Like, Auburn High School
- Eye of the Tiger, Roosevelt High School, Seattle
- Gymnastics for Our Minds, West Seattle High School
Anyone can show their support by viewing the top 10 submissions on the contest's Facebook page and voting for their favorites by Jan. 31.
The top three winners will be announced by Feb. 15, and the winning schools receive up to $7,000 to benefit their nutrition and physical activity programs. The students who produced the winning video receive prizes, such as a GoPro video camera and fitness swag.