Kristiana Johnson, a member of the city's planning commission, was selected as the newest City Council member on Tuesday.
after Edmonds City Councilman Michael Plunkett announced that his last day as councilmember is June 4. The new councilmember's terms run through 2013, when Plunkett's Position No. 1 term expires.
, but two had dropped out.
Johnson has also been a principal planner for King County and an associate planner for the city of Bellevue. Before that, she was senior transportation planner at the New Jersey Department of Transportation.
She has a bachelor's degree from Washington State and a master's from Rutgers.
The City of Edmonds is a mayor/council form of government with regularly scheduled council meetings on each Tuesday evening. Councilmembers are elected for seven at-large positions and represent all citizens.
The monthly salary for a councilmember is $600 per month and $50 per meeting to a maximum of 8 meetings per month or $1,000 in total.
- Position No. 1: Kristiana Johnson (term expires Dec. 31, 2013)
- Position No. 2: Strom Peterson (President; term expires Dec. 31, 2013)
- Position No. 3: Adrienne Fraley-Monillas (term expires Dec. 31, 2013)
- Position No. 4: Diane Buckshnis (term expires Dec. 31, 2015)
- Position No. 5: Joan Bloom (term expires Dec. 31, 2015)
- Position No. 6: Frank Yamamoto (term expires Dec. 31, 2015)
- Position No. 7: Lora Petson (term expires Dec. 31, 2013)