The following people from Edmonds and Shoreline are serving as delegates and alternates at the 2012 Democratic National Convention, which continues through Thursday.
A full list of the delegates from Washington is available here: http://wuxx.com/DNC2012/WAPics/.
- Carin Chase of Edmonds has been chair of the 32nd District Democrats since 2008. Chase is a lifelong Democrat, union member and small business owner. She is the daughter of state Sen. Maralyn Chase (D-Edmonds) of the 32nd Legislative District.
- Marko Liias (D-Edmonds) serves the 21st Legislative District. He ran unopposed in the primary, and will serve the district through 2015.
- State Representative and delegate Cindy Ryu was first elected to the State Legislature in 2010, representing the 32nd Legislative District. Representative Ryu is the Chair of the State Democrats Asian American and Pacific Islander Caucus and a former mayor of Shoreline.
- Delegate Winona Hague is a Commissioner of African America Affairs for the State of Washington, and member of the Governor Gregoire's Interagency Council. Hague holds a Master’s Degree from the University of Washington and is a resident of Innis Arden.
- Delegate Mario Brown started doorbelling at 10 years old for Michael Dukakis in California and previously served as the chairman of the Kitsap County Young Democrats. He is a graduate of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and works for the Washington Music Educators Association.
- Councilmember and alternate delegate Christopher Roberts was elected to the Shoreline City Council in 2009. He earned a Ph.D. from the University of Washington in the field of Political Science in 2012. He is also the Chair of the State Democrats Native American Caucus and a member of UAW 4121.
Shoreline/Lake Forest Patch Editor Tony Dondero contributed to this report.