Want to hear from the candidates in person? Want to learn more about hot-button initiatives and referendums on the ballot?
In advance of November's election, the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce will present its 10th Candidates Forum on Monday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Edmonds City Council Chambers in the Public Safety Complex, 250 Fifth Ave. N. Doors open at 6:30 pm.
The forum is presented by the Economic Development Committee of the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce. The EDC focuses on business issues and economic vitality for the Greater Edmonds community. All are welcome to attend.
Invited candidates include District 7 Congressional and U.S. Senate and
representatives from the 21st and 32nd legislative districts. Proponents for and opponents of the initiatives and referendum on the ballot will also participate in the debate.
- Congressional District 7 candidate: Ron Bemis
- Senate candidate: Michael Baumgartner
- District 32 State Rep. Position 1 candidates: Cindy Ryu and Randy Hayden
- District 32 State Rep. Position 2 candidates: Robert Reedy and Ruth Kagi
- District 21 State Rep. Position 2 candidates: Marko Liias and Kevin Morrison
I-502 Legalize and regulate the sale of marijuana
- Pro: Rick Steves
- Con: Cmdr. Pat Flack, Snohomish County Sherriff
I-1185 Two-thirds vote required to raise taxes
- Pro: Amber Carter, Association of WA Business
- Con: Reuven Carlyle, Washington State Representative
Referendum 74, same-sex marriage
- Pro: Rep. Marko Liias, Washington United for Marriage
- Con: Chip White, Communications Director for Preserve Marriage Washington
This is a nonpartisan forum and the event presenter does not endorse any candidates. The format is a question-and-answer program. In addition, each candidate will be given time for an opening and closing statement.
Those with questions to submit should e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those unable to attend the night of the event, the candidates' forum will be recorded and available the following day on Channel 21 and www.myedmondsnews.com.
For more information on the forum, contact Ailsa Kellam at 425-670-1496 or email@example.com.