Over the course of the last two weeks, Edmonds Police officers have received more than a half dozen reports of illegal withdrawals from bank accounts. At least one case involved more than $1,000, and some of the withdrawals were made in California.
In other incidents:
Monday, April 8
- A man was arrested for threatening strangers and becoming aggressive towards an officer. Possible drug use suspected.
Tuesday, April 9
- Four of five suspects were detained in a residential burglary on the 7900 block of 191st St SW, and stolen property was observed in their vehicle.
- A shoplifting arrest at Top Foods turns into a heroin bust, for which a 26-year-old woman from Granite Falls was detained.
- An apartment on the 7200 block of 211th Pl SW was burglarized while the occupants were away for two weeks.
- An Edmonds resident reported that someone unlawfully withdrew money from an account.
Wednesday, April 10
- A home on the 9300 block had its door kicked in and was burglarized, with jewelry, coins, and a laptop stolen.
Thursday, April 11
- An iPod touch was stolen at the voice program school in Edmonds. Police found a suspect and recovered the device.
- A 1995 Nissan Truck was stolen from the 211200 block of 82nd Pl W.
- A woman reported that her children had been approached by people in a car, and offered them candy.
- An adult was arrested for assaulting a teen on a community transit bus.