Edmonds Apartment Fire Victim Identified

The Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office said the woman died of smoke inhalation.

The woman who died in an apartment fire Monday has been identified as Laurel A. Moody, 61, of Edmonds.

The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office said she died of smoke inhalation.

The blaze was sparked when a clip-on reading lamp apparently fell on her bedding, according to a Fire District 1 spokeswoman.

Neighbors reported the fire just after 6 p.m. when they saw smoke coming from the second-floor apartment in the six-unit building on the 8600 block of 240th St. S.W.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »