Who doesn’t love dessert? Even after a large meal when we’ve stated that we couldn’t possibly take another bite, there always seems to be room for something sweet. Thankfully, Edmonds is full of yummy treats that can help you satisfy your cravings, whether it’s pie or chocolate, and we’ve compiled a list of our favorites.
1. is a hometown staple. Who doesn’t remember popping in amid the smell of fresh-baked goods for an after-school treat? Family-owned for the past 17 years, the bakery churns out delicious breads, cookies and doughnuts on a daily basis, and also offers cakes for special occasions. According to Joe Bellingham, whose father Ken owns the establishment, two of the most popular items in the glass cases are the Chicken Bones, a delectable coconut-and-streusel topped doughnut, and the Flips, which are rolled puff pastry topped with cinnamon and sugar and stuffed with apple of cherry filling. 418 Main St., 425-778-6811.
2. Some people are claiming that pies are the new cupcakes. If that’s the case, then the place to go for a great, handmade slice is . The revolving pie case is a tease for hungry customers, but the desserts are worth the wait. A personal favorite is the Oreo cheesecake, which is so rich it begs to be shared with a friend. 301 Main St., 425-776-2333.
3. When thinking of desserts, may not pop into your mind first, but one taste of its seasonal slumps is sure to put the restaurant on your dessert radar. Always on the menu is the blackberry variety, but according to what fruit is in season, Anthony's also offers cherry, huckleberry and peach. Served warm under a vanilla-hinted shortbread-esque crust and a generous serving of vanilla ice cream, the $8 price tag will seem a bit steep … until you take the first bite. 456 Admiral Way, 425-771-4400.
4. If you’re more of a chocolate-lover, offers a gourmet chocolate selection that Willy Wonka would envy. Truffles, peanut butter cups and chocolate-covered gummy bears are just a few of the sweet treats offered from this family-run confectionary. 102 5th Ave. N., 425-771-4606.
5. is known as a great breakfast spot in downtown Edmonds, but it also offer generous portions of baked-in-house desserts. On second thought, who says pie isn’t acceptable breakfast fare? According to one barista, the coconut cream pie and the cobblers are their most sought-after treats. 117 5th Ave. S., 425-771-1200.