Here's a list of what offices will be open for Presidents Day which is Monday, Feb. 21:
City of Edmonds: Closed.
Edmonds School District: Closed
Sno-Isle Library System: Closed.
Garbage collection: Crews will collect as usual.
King County government: Closed.
Community Transit Bus Schedule: Reduced schedule
State of Washington: Closed.
State liquor stores: Most will be open.
Washington State Ferries: All routes will operate on a normal schedule.
Federal government (including the U.S. Postal Service): Closed to honor Washington's Birthday.
Banks: Many, if not most, will be closed. US Bank will be open.
Seattle street parking: Free
Attractions and Shopping: Shopping malls and most retailers will be open, as will most area attractions.
Also on Tuesday, Feb. 22, these state offices will be closed because of the state budget shortfall (as reported by the state Office of Financial Management):
- Board of Accountancy
- Commission on African-American Affairs
- Archeology and Historic Preservation
- Arts Commission
- Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs
- Conservation Commission
- Council for Children and Families
- Criminal Justice Training Commission
- Early Learning
- Eastern Washington Historical Society
- Office of Education Ombudsman
- Environmental Hearings Office
- Office of the Family and Children’s Ombudsman
- Fish and Wildlife
- Freight Mobility Strategic Investment Board
- General Administration
- Growth Management Hearing Boards
- Health Care Authority
- Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Commission on Hispanic Affairs
- Washington Historical Society
- Horse Racing Commission
- Human Rights Commission
- Indeterminate Sentence Review Board
- Governor’s Office of Indian Affairs
- Information Services
- Liquor Control Board (liquor stores will remain open)
- Military Department
- Commission for National and Community Service
- Pollution Liability Insurance Agency
- Public Disclosure Commission
- Puget Sound Partnership
- Recreation and Conservation Office
- Department of Retirement Systems
- Citizen Commission on Salaries for Elected Officials
- Sentencing Guidelines Commission
- Social and Health Services
- Board of Tax Appeals
- Traffic Safety Commission
- Transportation Improvement Board
- Utilities and Transportation Commission
- Veterans Affairs
- Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board
Sources: Government and company websites.