It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll be doing this weekend?
Edmonds Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new hot spots to explore.
- Where/When: 4:30 p.m. Fri, June 10 in Fremont.
- Why Go: Looking for a fun way to get some exercise? Come out to the Fremont 5k walk/run this Friday. You can run or walk by yourself, or put together a five person team for the costumed Briefcase Relay. Running not your thing? Hang out it in the beer gardens. They open at 6 p.m. and will be serving your favorites all night.
- Pricing: $30 per person on or before June 9th. $40 per person on the day of the event.
- Where/When: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sat, June 11 at in Shoreline.
- Why Go: Join the Kruckeberg Botanic Garden for this two hour tour on Saturday. You learn about the history of the garden, the Kruckeberg legacy, and the plant collection. Saturday should be a great day to visit the garden too, check out this weekend's weather forecast.
- Pricing: $10 per person.
- Where/When: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. weekly on Saturdays in downtown Edmonds on 5th street.
- Why Go: Make it out to the market and pick up some fresh locally grown asparagus, onions, carrots, herbs, all your favorite fruits and much more. They'll even have freshly cut flowers and lots of hand crafted items. Never been to the Edmonds Museum Market? Check out this Youtube clip to see what you're in for.
- Pricing: Admission is free.
- Where/When: 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Sat, June 11 at .
- Why Go: Even if you're too young to remember the good ol' days of terrestrial radio, this production from the Sno-King Community Chorale is sure to have you taping your feet to the favorites of 40's and 50's all night long. Can't make the 3:30 p.m. showing? No worries, the show will be followed up with an encore showing at 7:30 p.m.
- Pricing: Ticket prices are $10-$20.
- Where/When: 5 p.m. Sun, June 12 at Ringer's Pub & Grill in Mountlake.
- Why Go: If your looking to catch game 6 of the NBA Finals this Sunday, Ringer's is probably your safest bet. They have several HDTV's scattered throughout the bar so even if you don't get a great seat, you'll still have a decent view. So grab some friends and head out to the Islander for some drinks, food and hopefully a great basketball game.
- Pricing: No cover.