With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and party-going, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to Cost Plus World Market and choose from several holiday gift sets—perfect for teachers, relatives and neighbors.
- Check out Bear Creek Florist for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Visit Tree Top Toys or McDonald's Book Exchange and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends.
- Go to Le Rendez-Vous and order a festive cake or box of cookies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners. Seasonal offerings include special French treats like Bûche de Noël and Peppermint Parisian Macarons.
- Pick up a gift certificate or new running shoes, basketball jersey or sporting accessories for the athlete in your life at Kimmel Athletic Supply. If you're shopping for an outdoor enthusiast, REI is your one-stop destination.
- Stop by Gene Juarez or C.Joy Salon and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or spa treatment.
- Got a beer or wine connoisseur on your list? Malt & Vine has more than 900 bottled beers and hundreds of wines, ciders and meads. Sample from more than 20 on-tap and by-the-glass selections to (selflessly) find the perfect brew or wine for your recipient.
What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments section below.