There is always a great divide when it comes to Valentine’s Day: those who love it, and those who don’t. Here at Patch we think spreading a little extra love in the world is a great thing, so we’ve compiled a list of great romantic dinner destinations to make your V-day one to remember.
1. Tucked in the heart of downtown Edmonds, and recently given a from our resident Patch foodie, has compiled a special Valentine’s Day menu perfect for sharing. The intimate atmosphere encourages an evening of deep conversation, and over 60 wine-by-the-glass choices make for great pre-dinner sipping. The three-course meal features an appetizer for each guest (chose from split pea soup or two fresh salads), and the main course encourages culinary adventure with three-to-share choices including seared Day Boat scallops, goat cheese tortellini and crispy smoked eggplant. Dessert for two is an irresistible warm chocolate cake and passion fruit cheesecake. 107 5th Avenue North, Suite #103, 425-771-5757.
2. Just up Main Street is the always-busy , a chic hot spot with food that’s got people talking. On Feb. 14, the restaurant will offer a 52 Valentine’s Prix Fix Dinner Menu with five gourmet courses. Starters include beef carpaccio and trio of mushroom ravolini, and entrees are a hard-to-choose-between seared tuna loin, Hood River oysters, beef cupcake or braciole di pollo with house-made sausage. And of course, three different desserts. (The strawberry and white chocolate Napoleon sounds irresistible!) 526 Main Street, 425-678- 8680.
3. offers a low-lit, romantic setting and traditional Italian faire. With a large dinner and dessert menu (they have both gelato and sorbet!) and weekly specials, there’s sure to be something on the menu for every palette. Plus, on Mondays enjoy half off bottles of wine. 504 5th Ave, S, 425-673-5278.
4. Always trendy among the younger crowd, brings its patrons a four-course Valentine’s Day dinner for two. They will also offer drink specials, with libations hand-crafted with Stoli Vodka. We’ll toast to that! This place fills up fast, so call early to reserve your table. 515-A Main St., 425-640-5000.
5. If you haven’t tried FIVE Restaurant and Bistro, you’re missing out. An open floor plan and tastefully eclectic décor, FIVE just feels like someplace special, and isn’t that what you want on Valentine’s Day? Italian-inspired entrees are fresh and delicious, and the thin-crust pizza is absolutely out-of-this-world, but on the smaller side, so ordering two is always a safe bet. Usually closed on Mondays, FIVE will be open on February 14. 650 Edmonds Way, 425-563-7117.